The Troup Cares Free Clinic provides a large range of services to our patients. Our degree of dedication and range of services change on what appears to be a daily basis.
- Medical Home --- Each of our patients now have what they have never previously had; a Medical Home. Our patients now come to the Troup Cares Free Clinic at the onset of medical issues and are able in most cases to correct them at that time. This eliminates costly trips to the Emergency Room and potential hospital admissions. Our patients know that we care for their well being.
- Disease Management / Patient Education --- Our full time Program Manager / Registered Nurse is able to work with each patient and outline an individual program of care for each. The Disease Management Program covers everything from proper diet, proper prescription drug usage, how to refill prescriptions at the proper time along with a never ending list of daily issues. We have also established a Patient / Clinic Responsibility document for review with each new patient as they arrive at the clinic for their initial visit. Our nurse practitioner works within the Disease Management framework thus providing the best medical care and management possible.
- Prescription Assistance Plan (PAP) --- Our in-house dispensary works in concert with pharmecudical companies, retail pharmacies and other direct relief agencies. Our team monitors prescription drug usage and timing for resupply to make sure that our patients have adequate medication on an ongoing basis.
- Nutritional Education & Counseling -- Instruction in proper dietary guidelines is part of the Troup Cares Disease Management Program. A registered dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator conducts a group nutrition class at the clinic on a monthly basis.
- Medical Specialist Partners--- Our 45 volunteer referral practitioners provide specialty referral services on an ongoing basis. Our specialist group includes:
- Oral Surgery
- Physical Therapy
Standard Social Services --- Our staff has access to many Social Services that are not necessarily in the normal flow of clinic operations. We are more than happy and willing to direct our patients to areas for additional assistance in areas of non-medical programming.